Solution Dyed Nylon MAINTENANCE
Easy instructions to follow.
An appropriate, comprehensive Solution Dyed Nylon (SDN) cleaning program consists of five elements:
- Soil Containment - containment of soil entering the building using mats at entrances.
- Vacuuming - scheduled frequency for the removal of dry soil.
- Spot and Spill Removal.
- Interim Cleaning - Dry Cleaning - scheduled frequency appearance cleaning for all traffic areas.
- Restorative Cleaning - scheduled frequency deep steam cleaning or hot water extraction to remove residues and trapped soils.
Spot and Stain Removal
Choices Flooring’s premium SDN carpet yarns have excellent wear and anti-soiling characteristics. Spots and stains are inevitable but they don’t have to be permanent. Remove a spill quickly and there is less chance it will become a stain.
Spot and Stain Removal Procedures
- Spills should be blotted up - dab,dab,dab, do not rub vigorously as this will spread the spill. Rinse with water immediately.
- Use cold water first - use hot water second - if the spill was hot, such as tea or coffee, it may require hot water to remove it.
- Always use cold water on blood spillages. Spotters should then be applied and flushed out thoroughly with water.