Easy instructions to follow.
Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum
Thorough vacuuming at least once a week, or more in heavy traffic areas, helps to remove dirt particles before they become embedded in the carpet pile. Begin the day your carpet is installed.
Treat spills straight away
A professional ‘deep’ or restorative cleaning treatment once every 12-18 months will do wonders to protect your carpet pile and enhance its beauty. Give your carpet the best possible care, and it will love you back for years to come.
Keep your carpet looking great with regular, thorough vacuuming. If an accident should happen it’s important to remove any spills immediately. The following table shows you how to best treat any spots, stains or spills completely.
Cleansing Agent/Treatment Step:
- Cold water
- Detergent solution or Carpet Shampoo solution
- Laundry detergent (non-biological)
- Solvent - use only on dry carpet
- Chill with aerosol freezing agent or ice cubes in a plastic bag. Pick or scrape off gum or chocolate.
- Vinegar solution (1/3 cup white vinegar with 2/3 cup water)
- Warm water
- Clear nail polish remover (preferably acetone) no lanolin
- Alcohol, methylated spirits or mineral turpentine
- Rust remover
- Mineral turpentine
- 1tsp laundry detergent (non-biological) in 250mls warm water
- Clear household disinfectant